Re: How make users use cache...

From: Igor Sysoev <maillist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:22:11 +0400

> From: danielrod@nts.co.jp

> I have set up a network with Squid as my cache server. I understand how
> configure Netscape and Internet Explorer to use the cache.
>
> My question is, how do I force my user's to configure their browsers to
use
> the cache? Is there any way for an administrator to lock the browsers
> configurations so users cannot reconfiguring them?

I don't know are there ways to lock configuration. May be it can be locked
in MSIE Kit - it's special customised version of MSIE.

But I use the following:
1. autoconfiguration of browsers and
2. block outgoing request to port 80 on firewall
   or make transparent proxing of such requests to squid.

with best regards,
Igor Sysoev