Re: How make users use cache...

From: Gyula Hajdu <fisher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:29:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 danielrod@nts.co.jp wrote:

> My question is, how do I force my user's to configure their browsers to use
> the cache? Is there any way for an administrator to lock the browsers
> configurations so users cannot reconfiguring them?

I blocked the port 80 in my router except for the proxy server, and I sent
a mail describing how to set up a proxy in the users's browsers. Another,
more tricky way to configure the router to redirect the web traffic to the
proxy sever. See: http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-17.html for more
details.

-------
 Fisher