Re: Network throughput

From: <jlewis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:47:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Julian Richardson wrote:

> is there a way of finding out how much network traffic a Squid server is
> generating (Squid 2.2.Stable3, Redhat 5.2, Kernel 2.2.9)? I'm trying to
> find out where (if at all) any bottlenecks in performance lie. Getting
> results from /proc/net/dev doesn't make any sense - adding the received
> and sent byte totals together and dividing over the total uptime of the

SNMP on your ethernet switch or setup the snmpd that came with Red Hat
5.2, and then setup MRTG.

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator | nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net | to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________