moving cache to another disk

From: Julian Richardson <JRichardson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:01:43 +0100

Hi,

I've got a machine running squid at the moment with less-than ideal
hardware spec (IDE disks, low memory etc.). Is it possible (& safe) to
set up another better-spec machine and then simply copy the whole cache
directory from the IDE-based machine to the new one and expect it to
work? I only have the one cache directory, but does squid record inode
numbers for files or anything similar??

Also, if I add another cache directory at a later date, I assume I need
to run squid -z, but will this then lose the cache that's built up in
the existing cache directory??

cheers,

Jules