RE: moving cache to another disk

From: Mike Batchelor <mbatchelor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:39:18 -0700

Do not be afraid of wiping out your cache dir contents. It's an infinitely
renewable resource. :) I umount and mkfs my cache dir automatically once a
week from cron, just to be sure I don't have anything too stale in it. It
fills up again within a half day at the beginning of the week, when users here
start surfing Monday morning.

And yes, squid -z will initialize every cache_dir specificied in squid.conf.
If it's already got files in it, they will not be wiped from disk, but squid
will no longer know about them, and will just re-use the existing files and
directory tree, overwriting them with some other content as it comes in. I
believe that's how it works, someone will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)