Re: Squid, PAM, & Solaris

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 23:04:05 +0000

Snyder, Bob wrote:

> Has anyone gotten Henrik's Squid PAM authentication program to work under
> Solaris? It works great under RedHat Linux, and I was hoping to be able to
> use it under Solaris as well, since Solaris also uses PAM, but there are
> inconsistencies between the Solaris version and the Linux version of PAM....

I have not got the time to try building it on Solaris yet, but from what
I could see by reading manual pages and include files it "should" work
on Solaris 7. Earlier Solaris releases have varying degrees of PAM
support. It may be possible to get it to run on 2.6 as well, but I am
very sceptical to the PAM implementation in Solaris 2.5.1 and earlier.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker