RE: Dynamic removing and adding cache dirs.

From: Mike Batchelor <mbatchelor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:27:49 -0700

I can only imagine that you want to do this to speed up how quickly squid can
be started after the cache system is rebooted, to maximize availability.
100Gb takes a looooong time to fsck. :)

A much better way to do this is to use a journalling filesystem. No fsck
needed, all 100Gb can be mounted at once, with no delay. If you are using
Linux, the md package can let you journal, I believe. If you are using
Solaris, DiskSuite will do the job, though it uses an external journalling
partition, so you will need to set aside an extra slice of no more than 16M
for each journalled filesystem.

If you can't eliminate the fsck, then squid -k reconfigure ought to work as
you expect.