bind 8.2.1 on squid box

From: Jorg B. <jorg_b@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:04:42 -0700

I installed bind 8.2.1 as a "no authoritive" dns server on our transparent
squid caching server. Before I installed bind on the squid box it was using a
DNS server on the same network. I noticed that the "avg service time" went up,
from 1 msec to 7 msec. Why is the "avg service time" now slower.... You
would think that the "avg service time" should be faster since DNS requests are
now being handled on the same machine.

Dnsserver Statistics:
number running: 15 of 15
requests sent: 17331