Re: problems with squid -k signals

From: Scott Hess <scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 16:14:42 -0700

OK, I've seen this same notion go by a couple times (using squid with
RunCache, versus without). At some point or another, I saw reference to the
notion that Squid could monitor and restart itself (which makes some sense,
as there appears to be two Squid-related processes on my system, excluding
dnsservers and kin). Yet the documentation seems to indicate using
RunCache.

What's the story? Does Squid need RunCache these days? Or can it handle
such things entirely internally?

Later,
scott