Re: Plese help with Fatal error

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:29:25 -1000 (HST)

Flavio Pescuma writes:
> I tried without asynchronous I/O and the FATAL: Received Segment
> Violation...dying still exists. I think the problem began when I
> compiled with --enable-poll to be able to use more than 1024 fds.
>
> Do you have any other idea?

Did you completely rebuild the kernel, *and* rebuild the C libraries,
after changing the kernel to allow more than 1024 fds?

This sounds to me like the application user-space code may have some
data structure used with poll() defined too small for the modified OS.
At a guess, I'd suspect the C system libraries. In that case, the
problem would be replicateable by anyone else who did a Linux kernel
rebuild with this mod and failed to recompile the libraries.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.