Re: Plese help with Fatal error

From: <edtflav@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:47:48 +0200

Hi all and thanks for your help !!!

The kernel was rebuilt completely and I was installing the new compiled
glic but I did a stupid thing and the system is
useless now, I am trying to boot from a floppy to revert the glibc and
try again, but I have some problems booting the Alpha
with the generic kernel that comes with RH6.0 so I expect to have it up
again tomorrow.
Regarding the core dump that Bertold suggested, there is no core dump,
the parent squid process dies with signal 6 and a new one
is started automatically, the problem is the active session and the high
load on the cpu each time this happens (around once per hour
or sometimes even worst).
I hope I can give it a try with new compiled glibc tomorrow, I will let
you know

Thanks again,

Flavio