Re: Plese help with Fatal error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:59:09 +0200

Dirk Moerenhout wrote:

> Should glibc be recompiled in a way where you alter it before you
> compiled it then? So that the includes immediately give 4096 instead
> of 1024.

To get the recompile effective you need to change the header include
file while rebuilding the library. This would be
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/types.h and
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/<your_cpu_type_here>/bits/types.h

I took a quick look at the glibc sources for RedHat 6.0
(glibc-2.1.1-7.srpm), and they looked a lot better than the earlier
version I looked at. Now it seems that only SUN RPC, NIS and the
resolver is dependent on the size of FD_SETSIZE. All other dependencies
seems to have been rewritten to use poll() and/or dynamic calculations
based on the arguments. The resolver dependent code is only a sanity
check in res_send.c which will trigger on high filedescriptors and can
be removed without any loss of functionality (will for sure be needed in
Squid 2.3).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker