parent cache without icp/udpecho(i.e, http only)

From: Ken Ramirez <kenny208@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 21:25:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Question 1:
I'm looking to use squid on my desktop as a proxy,
and have it forward all queries for mycompany.com
directly, and all other queries through a parent
cache that does not support ICP and does not have
udpecho enabled - for security reasons, the parent
cache only listens to http requests...

I've read the documentation, and this does not appear
to be possible. Is this a correct assumption? I'm
hoping it's incorrect.

Question 2:
In the same topology, instead of using the parent
cache, I'd like to use socks5 for url's not in
mycompany.com, and go direct for everything else. Is
this possible?

Thanks for any pointers!