Re: parent cache without icp/udpecho(i.e, http only)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:50:34 +0200

Ken Ramirez wrote:

> I've read the documentation, and this does not appear
> to be possible. Is this a correct assumption? I'm
> hoping it's incorrect.

Of course your assumption is incorrect ;-)

cache_peer proxy.mycompany.com parent 80 0 no-query no-digetsts-exchange
no-netdb-exchange
acl local_servers dstdomain mycompany.com
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0
always_direct allow local_servers
never_direct allow all

> In the same topology, instead of using the parent
> cache, I'd like to use socks5 for url's not in
> mycompany.com, and go direct for everything else. Is
> this possible?

Then you have to socksify Squid, and make a socks client configuration
which implements your forwarding ruleset.

Squid has no built in support for forwarding requests socks server
(contributions are welcome).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker