Does squid get object from cache or not?

From: Madjid SalimZadeh <salim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:25:29 +0430 (IRST)

I have configured squid to use another proxy server as its parent proxy
server. Now its working properly, but there is something wrong. When I see
the access.log I see something like this:

TCP_REFRESH_HIT:FIRST_UP_PARENT

Does squid get those files from its cache or it gets them from its parent?
How can I configure squid to save anything it gets from its parent in its
cache and next time when someone wants to see those pages it gets pages
from its cache and not its parent. I want to have TCP_HIT:NONE in my
access.log more. Now there are a few addresses which are in my access.log
which are from squid cache.

I don't want that objects in my cache don't expire (exept cgi) files.
I want that gif, jpg, html, htm files save in my cache and never expire.
How can I configure it this way?

    .--.
   |o_o |
   |:_/ | Majid SalimZadeh