Re: Can't FTP.

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 06:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Joel Taqueban wrote:

JT} We're having problems with our Proxy. It appears we can't FTP via the proxy.
JT} Example, neither ftp.netscape.com or ftp.pinnaclesys.com work. The proxy
JT} returns "Connection Failed. (113) No route to host"
JT}
JT} I would certainly appreciate one's advise. How do I configure squid such that
JT} we could access FTP sites? (I have already placed the proxy's address on the
JT} FTP field in the Manual Proxy Configuration of my browser).

Squid supports the FTP mode of operation but is not a general purpose FTP
proxy, i.e. you can't use it to execute the following command.

        ftp ftp.netscape.com

You can, however, use it from within a browser to access the following
URL.

        ftp://ftp.netscape.com

                             Merton Campbell Crockett
| Manager, Network Operations & Services | Senior Network/Security Engineer |
| GTE Government Systems Corporation | Naval Surface Warfare Center |
| Electronic Systems Division | Port Hueneme Division |
| Intelligence Systems Organization | IT/TIS Program |
| Thousand Oaks, CA | Port Hueneme, CA |