Re: parent cache

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:01:11 +0200

Hi

> How can I enable to keep objects in my own cache from parent proxy?
> Now I get objects from my parent proxy every time I need them without
> chaching them anywhere.

Hmm. Are you sure? I don't know about the newest Squids (been busy
making money now that I work for myself...) but I doubt that this
is the case. You used to have to _turn off_ the caching of another
cache's results with the "no-proxy" option.

You aren't pressing "reload" on your browser to test this, are you?
If you do that, your cache won't/may not cache the results.

> And what option do I need to write raw IP instead DNS name into
> access.log?

# TAG: log_fqdn on|off
# Turn this on if you wish to log fully qualified domain
# names
# in the access.log. To do this Squid does a DNS lookup of
# all
# IP's connecting to it. This can (in some situations)
# increase
# latency, which makes your cache seem slower for interactive
# browsing.
#
#log_fqdn off