Re[2]: parent cache

From: Jurijs Dorofejevs <jurijs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:31:04 +0300

>> How can I enable to keep objects in my own cache from parent proxy?
>> Now I get objects from my parent proxy every time I need them without
>> chaching them anywhere.

OP> Hmm. Are you sure? I don't know about the newest Squids (been busy
OP> making money now that I work for myself...) but I doubt that this
OP> is the case. You used to have to _turn off_ the caching of another
OP> cache's results with the "no-proxy" option.

I have the following line in squid.conf (it was given to me by admin
of patrent proxy):

cache_peer parent.proxy.com parent 8180 7 no-query default

So, about what "no-proxy" are you saying?
I cannot find this option in config.....

OP> You aren't pressing "reload" on your browser to test this, are you?
OP> If you do that, your cache won't/may not cache the results.

I'm watching squid logs and getting only TCP_MISS lines.
As I understand it means that object not in cache and must be
downloaded from the server.
Correct me if I'm wrong......

>> And what option do I need to write raw IP instead DNS name into
>> access.log?

OP> # TAG: log_fqdn on|off

it affects only SOURCE addresses....
but I need IP of DESTINATIONS (URL) - is it possible?

            Jurijs Dorofejevs
        "Aizkraukles Banka Ltd."
  Information Technologies Department
     e-mail: jurijs@aizkraukles.com