Overriding Pragma: no-cache from servers

From: David S. Madole <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:46:47 -0400

I see by looking at the code that objects with a "Pragma: no-cache" tag
are made unconditionally non-cacheable, even though that's not a valid
header coming from a server. I would like to be able to override this,
has anybody looked at good ways to do it? I almost pulled it right
out, since it shouldn't been happening anyway, but I got rational and
didn't.

Specifically, I get 70,000+ TCP_MISSes on 6-7K objects from weather.com
every day, and none of them ever change, but they all com tagged with
"no-cache". I wouldn't mind saving the 50 megabytes/day by assigning
these requests some kind of refresh rule instead. I don't necessarily
mind doing the code myself, but am looking for ideas on how to do it
cleanly.

Dave