Re: Patches for Squid 1.1.22 to be Y2k compliant

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:18:24 +0200

Gemma Jimeno Pablo wrote:

> We have Squid 1.1.22 installed and are concerned about its Y2k
> compatibility.

Can't tell. Squid 1.X is dead and obsolete. It is not maintained or
"supported" since about a year back now.

The core of the application is considered to be Y2K safe. There may be
some cosmetic errors or minor performance problems when talking to
non-Y2K safe servers.

I am fairly certain it will continue to function after Y2K, but some
date processing or printing may behave wrongly, possibly causing objects
get more or less cached than they should, or error messages to contain
invalid dates.

> We have been visiting Squid FAQ about this issue but we are not
> sure about the procedure to take in order to make it Y2k compliant,
>
> 1- Do we need to install the patch from Richard Kettlewell?

Don't know which patch you are referring to. Havent looked at 1.X for
many many months, even less patches to it.

> 2- When we try to install the patch from Henrik Nordstrom (patch -b -p1 -s < patch2y2k) it gives us the

Which one of my patches? I can not find any Y2K patch in my "current"
list of patches to 1.1.22. My "current list of patches to 1.1.22" is
buried way down in my "Old patches" section
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/old/>. A educated guess is that the
patch you are reffering to is the ftpget Y2K patch to 1.1.21, and is
included in 1.1.22.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker