Re: Can't get accellerator to work

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:53:22 +0200

Andy Paluch wrote:

> Transparent proxy works fine, but can't seem to get the accelerator working.
> Instead of seeing my web site
> I see the default Apache logo (yes, I do have the web server enabled on this
> box)

> Any ideas where I went wrong.

You probably have Apache running on port 80, not Squid.

The default Squid config tells Squid to run on port 3128. See http_port.

The redirector looks fine, except that if you use "httpd_accel_host
virtual" then it also needs to rewrite accelerator IP addresses to the
backend server name on HTTP/1.0 requests without Host header.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker