Re: Cache Hierarchy

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:53:56 +0530

hello sir,

Thank you, very much for answering my question
I have one more question for u sir
we are using cobalt cacheraq as caching solution we are an ISP with
approx 600 thousand hits we have a bandwidth saving of 42% amazed by the
statistics I configured squid on a linux box and implemented at our
franchisee its working fine but to need to work more on that. we have
around 20 franchisee coming up so i want to make all the 20 franchisee
configured as a sibling and at our end a parent cache We have a R-class
HPUX box running netscape proxy server I'd like to implement squid on this
HPUX server and configured as parent and announce this cache and also like
to start a support group in India.

My question is where can i get more information on squid running on HPUX
how do i configure on HPUX so the transparency feature is enabled.
also the advantages of paricipating in cache hierarchy.

Thank you

Suresh Paripalli
System Administrator
Southern Online Services