cachemgr.cgi

From: Ralf Corterier <listen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 16:20:07 +0200

Hello,

I am rather new to Squid, but it seems to be running ok up to now. It
is used as a forwarding proxy for a small lan to control internet
access through a dialup account (squid might be a little oversized for
this, but I set it up for learning also).

After successfully upgrading from 2.0 (included in my SuSE 6.0) to
2.2.STABLE5 everything I need seems to be ok (including external
authentification), but I cannot access cachemgr.cgi.

The faq/squid.conf tells me only that I need to set up a password when
squid is supposed to be shutdown through cachemgr.cgi, but when
calling the script (which looks rather like a binary to me) it asks me
for the manager name and password. Regardless of what I put in there,
I get the following error:

"connect: (111) Connection refused"

Cache host is set to the fqn of the proxy machine (which is definitely
resovable by the local named) and cache port is the proxy port
configured in squid.conf.

Here are my ACLs since I am not sure if this is related to my access
config:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl Safe_ports port 80 21 443 563 70 210 1025-65535
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl localnet src 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0

http_access allow manager localnet
http_access deny manager
#http_access deny !Safe_ports
#http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny !localnet
http_access deny !auth

(Any comments beside the above mentioned problem are welcome. I am a
newbie with squid!)

Thanks in advance

Ralf C.