re: cachemgr.cgi

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:52:28 +0200

At 12:30 04.10.99 +0200, Ralf Corterier wrote:
>Any hint where to configure the users that are allowed to access
>cachemgr.cgi? Or is it something with apache? (Despite the docs I
>copied it in the standard cgi-bin of my Intranet web server).

The error message you get should tell you where it fails, although
it isn't exactly obvious how to read it. If it says something like
"403 Access denied" then Apache is refusing your request to run
cachemgr.cgi. (You should see a corresponding error message in
your httpd.error_log file.) If it says "Cache Manager Error -
connect: (111) Connection refused" then the cachemgr.cgi program
has been run, but was unable to connect to Squid, which typically
means you got the host name or port number wrong. If you get a
Squid error page saying "Invalid URL" then Squid refused your
request.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)