Re: Squid creating files as root

From: T. Esting <t_esting@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 13:47:55 PDT

  I've seen the same with Solaris 2.6 and async IO. I see it most when
Squid doesn't shut down gracefully; the majority of the cache_dir is owned
by nobody (as it should be) but a handful of files are left being owned by
root. It would be easy enough to start everything as nobody.

  Hope this info helps.