Re: Squid creating files as root

From: Steve Gailey <Steve.Gailey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:55:44 +0100

I didn't see a reply to Franks message and now I am experiencing
the same problem.

I am starting Squid (on Solaris 2.6) from /etc/init.d (rc3.d) and have
experienced exactly the same behaviour. The Filesystem is Veritas
and all was fine for the first three days. This Sunday evening, with
little or no activity the system started reporting:

storeSwapOutFileOpened: Unable to open swapfile: /cachea/ca...
       (13) Permission denied

The only thing I can think of is the first restart for squid since
installation (it's a Netscape upgrade).

I have two such Squid machines and both are exhibiting the same
behaviour. Also, ps shows the (squid) process running as nobody
sometimes and root at others.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Gailey