Re: Cache Corruption

From: Eugene Geldenhuys <eugeneg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:09:27 +1000

Aha - that's it, thanks. The -S was a carry over from a much earlier
version of squid that I experimented on way back when it meant
something else - I just kinda copied the command syntax over as it
was - thanks again.

On 6 Oct 99, at 10:42, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> This check is only performed if the undocumented -S comman line option is
> used. The purpose of this check is to abort if errors are discovered in
> the on-disk store.
>
> When Squid is started normally (i.e. without the -S option) then it
> should discard such objects from it's cache instead of aborting.
>
> Did you perhaps ment to use -s and not -S? (options are case sensitive)
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Spare time Squid hacker

Best Regards
Eugene Geldenhuys
MCNE ECNE MCSE MCP

TFX SOLUTIONS -
PROFESSIONAL NETWORK DESIGN ,IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT