Re: Proxy with auth but without the request of the login+password every time

From: Jeffrey Borg <jeffrey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 08:07:15 +1000 (EST)

Hi there

If the user has to log into windoze to use it ( and have the registry
setup to disallow not logging in) then I think there are ident servers for
windows which you could run on the machine and setup squid to use ident to
get a username to log into a logfile. If the username is not there then
ask for authentication.