Squid very slow.

From: Ramzi Abdallah <rsa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:32:15 +1000

At our school we have a 128K ISDN line connected to our
ISP. Recently because the number of computers has
increased and we started to pay per MB and not flat
rate I decided to install a proxy server that might
help in improving the link. Unfortunately after doing
this the link performance went down by 75 %.
If I point the browsers directly to the ISP proxy the
link is acceptable. I am using squid 2.2 stable4 and I
am pointing the school squid to the ISP squid by using

cache_peer proxy3.dragon.net.au parent 8080 3130

I only added a CNAME for the proxy on our local
Intranet DNS there is no DNS entry on our primary DNS
which is running on the ISP server.

Is there anything else that needs to be done in the
configuration.

Thanks for any help

Ramzi