Re: FTP cacheing doesn't seem to work on squid-2.2.STABLE4-8

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:45:31 +0100

At 10 Nov 1999 14:52:02 +1000, Stephen Moore wrote:
>Is this a dull question, is there no answer, should I give more details?
>Has it answered in the faq (I can tell you I have looked).
>I would realy like an answer to this.
>
>Stephen Moore wrote: [at 10 Nov 1999 10:06:12 +1000]
>
>> I have noticed for some time that FTP caching doesn't seem to work on
>> squid-2.2.STABLE4-8.

Hey, you had posted your question only four hours before that! Consider
that half the planet is asleep at any given time, and give people some
time to at least read your question, if not to actually think about it!
What's more, as for me, I usually postpone questions I can't answer
offhand, to a time when I am a bit less busy, so if I could help you
with your problem (which I can't) you might have gotten an answer from
me either now (I have just come to work) or in four hours (my lunch
break, when I'll have a bit of time pondering questions not directly
relate to my work).

To sum it up: give the list members a bit more time to come up with
replies to your questions before complaining. I'd argue for at least
two days.

Best regards

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)