Re: HELP NEEDED "Forward denied"!!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:30:57 +0100

Balgansuren wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently, I am using Pentium II 333MHz, w/64MB RAM,4GB HDD,
> OS Redhat Linux 6.1. Redhat Linux 6.1 kernel version is 2.2.12.
> I compiled kernel with options described in the http://squid.nlanr.net/
> FAQ section. Also I configured ipchains and some kernel parameter
> described in the FAQ section.
>
> Could you explain more detail about this problem?

So you are messing around with "transparent" proxying?

If you are, then it is important that you do not redirect Squid back on
itself, or it will complain with "Forwarding Denied" to the client, and
a loop warning in cache.log.

If you are not getting any loop warnings in cache.log then it is
miss_access who denies the request to be forwarded.

You provide very little information on your setup (besides mostly
irrelevant hardware info), so it is hard to help you. Information good
to know are:

* Any important messages in cache.log?

* Are you messing around with transparent proxying or not?

* Exactly what ipchains rules have you added?

* How is Squid located in your network? One leg, or two legs?

* Is there a router involved, if so, what rules have you added to the
router?

* Does it work if you disable ipchains and/or router redirection and try
to use the proxy as a normal proxy? (i.e. have you passed the basic
setup validations before trying transparent proxying)

* How have you configured your squid.conf?

* Have you verified your miss_access settings?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker