HTTP status code 000?

From: Simon Rainey <srainey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:51:58 +0000

Hi,

I've got a user who is getting truncated web pages. The truncation happens
anywhere in the page and often in the middle of a HTML tag. Reloading the
page several times will eventually pull it in. The truncation on the
intermediate attempts occurs in different places. The problem occurs with
most web sites accessed by this user. I cannot reproduce the problem locally.

I've checked the Squid access logs and for failures ....

1. The cache result code is always TCP_MISS.
2. The reported document size is constant and accurate.
3. The HTTP status code is always 000.

That last one has me perplexed. As far as I can tell Squid shouldn't ever
return a HTTP status code of 000 for TCP requests. Does anyone know what
this means?

Given that I cannot reproduce the problem but the user can from different
stations on his remote network and when using different Squid caches on our
network I doubt the problem is with Squid. I'd still like to know what 000
means though.

Regards,
Simon.