Squid Configuration & Monitor Tool

From: Rory Hart <hartror@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 14:52:21 +1000

Hi,

I'm writing a configuration tool for my school which currently
uses squid and needs an easy way to configure it because most
of the people here are not power users and have little or no
experience using Linux at all. I also want to incorporate a
monitor similar to MSproxy's *YUCK* but I don't have enough C/C++
experience to know even where to proceed. So once I have finished
the configuration part I would be looking for some more experienced
(I'm just a highschool student and have only a little C experience)
programmers who know about squid and the cache manger cgi program
to assist. So any expressions of interest will be well received!

I'm currently writing the GUI using GTK+ and I'm about to start on
the configuration routines (I've been putting them off as they require
me to improve my workign knowledge of C and I'm a bit lazy at the moment
because I'm on holiday). I want to get it finished in the next two weeks
at the most(the first working version this is). Naturally I'll release it
under the GPL for anyone to use :->

The reason for this message is I just want to see if there is any interest
in this type of tool. Because I know personally I find it slightly
annoying going through the squid.conf file everytime I need to change
something on our servers (which can be quite often).

Thanks for your time

Seeya

---
hartror@pembrokesc.vic.edu.au (Rory Hart)