Re: squid uses too many processes

From: jem <jhiggs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:42:37 +1100

well... the number of processes is definitely not stable, since it
crashed the linux box a couple of days ago. i woke up in the morning
to find the linux box in console with error messages about squid
showing up, and no commands would work, not even ctrl+alt+del

what can i do?

>Clifton Royston wrote:
>
>> You should never have more than 2 squid processes (one to do the work,
>> and the other to be a watchdog and restart it.)
>
>Unless you are using async-io on Linux, then there will look like it is
>plenty of processes (default 18 I think), but in reality there is only 2
>(the Linux ps command does not yet understand threads).
>
>The number of processes should however be stable at all times while
>Squid is running.
>
>Any redirectors or authenticators are not counted in the above figures.
>
>--
>Henrki Nordstrom
>Squid hacker

真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真

"You can tell a lot about a man by the way he eats his jelly beans"

真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真真