Re: squid uses too many processes

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:25:37 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:

> You should never have more than 2 squid processes (one to do the work,
> and the other to be a watchdog and restart it.)

Unless you are using async-io on Linux, then there will look like it is
plenty of processes (default 18 I think), but in reality there is only 2
(the Linux ps command does not yet understand threads).

The number of processes should however be stable at all times while
Squid is running.

Any redirectors or authenticators are not counted in the above figures.

--
Henrki Nordstrom
Squid hacker