Please Help! We are disappointed!

From: naimi <naimi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 18:08:40 +0330

Hi all,
We have a problem with squid that has made us completely disappointed of its
functioning.
We want to have sites like www.cnn.com, www.ft.com etc. to be refreshed
regularly. Unfortunately these sites don't use the appropriate META tags at
their pages ( like www.nytimes.com or www.sony.com ) . We have tried a lot of
different things: from no_cache tag to hierarchy_stoplist and different
refresh_patterns. For example we purged www.cnn.com from the cache and after
that we add the " refresh_pattern -i cnn 1 20% 3 "
to squid.conf to have the squid refresh the object after 3 minutes. but all
these things failed. We turned on debug_level 22 to monitor refresh calculations
but the result were very confusing.
Unfortunately most of our users use IE4.0 as their browser and squid doesn't
responds to IE Refresh command.
Our boss is really angry and have asked me angrily to solve the problem. But I
have no more ideas.
Is there anyone who can help us?
We are very disappointed