RE: ftp proxy

From: Martijn de Munnik <M.H.M.deMunnik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:38:32 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Dave J Woolley wrote:

When I read the squid docs it says : "Squid is a high-performance proxy
caching server for web clients, supporting FTP, gopher, and HTTP data
objects. Unlike traditional caching software, Squid handles all requests
in a single, non-blocking, I/O-driven process." So it seems to me it
supports ftp doesn't it...

> > From: Martijn de Munnik [SMTP:M.H.M.deMunnik@phys.uu.nl]
> >
> > But it can do ftp proxy with IE or does IE use HTTP when it says it uses
> > FTP??
> >
> If you tell it to proxy ftp, it sends an HTTP request,
> containing the ftp URL, to the proxy.

f y cn rd ths, dtk wr th gd ptch