Browser get a timeout during ftp session

From: Roger Boussen <R.Boussen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:43:24 +0100

I have linked ncftpget on redhat linux to ftpget and ftp works well with
a browser.
The only thing that goes wrong is a timeout when try to ftp a 6Mb file.
The Microsoft IE 4 browser gives a timeout when he is waiting on the
file.
With little file I see that the system is waiting until the squid-proxy has
the file in cache and the you can give the filename in IE4 for saving
and this happends very fast, so it comes from cache.

Question:
Is it possible to give a sign by Squid to the browser that the download
is running? Or what do I have to do to solve this problem.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Roger Boussen

business email: R.Boussen@Audax.nl
private email: Roger@Boussen.demon.nl