Re: persistent forwarding loop

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 20:55:15 +0100

Matija Grabnar wrote:

> Is there any way to force configure to die if it comes across an option it
> doesn't understand?

Not that I know of. That feature is intentional of GNU autoconf, to
allow the same configure options to be passed to a hierarchy of various
packages with their own configure scripts. Chainging GNU autoconf to
have an option for strict argument checking is not something I'd like to
dive into.

A plausible option would be to make more of the selectively enabled
features build by default and instead controlled runtime from squid.conf
with only selected --disable-... configure options for completely
removing features some may not want to have at all.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker