Re: Accel + Cache?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:18:33 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:

> Anyway, think carefully why you want to run it on port 80 - unless you
> are running a highly loaded web server or servers with lots of static
> content, the accelerator won't do anything for you. Accelerator mode
> is for benefit of others hitting your web site, not for users at your
> site surfing, which seems to be a common misunderstanding.

Actually accelerators isn't even for users hitting your site, it is for
moving some of the workload for static content off from a overly busy
site instead of upgrading or redesigning the server to better cope with
the load.

The benefit of accelerators are commonly overestimated I think, and they
do have their own set of problems..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker