Re: squid with satellite

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:48:52 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Maurizio Marini wrote:

> So, my cache must use parent *like* behind a firewall (using
> never_direct and so on..).
> My conf works fine.
> But two problem stay out:
> 1 - if parent is unreachable, every request results in an error messages

If you must use the parent, then you are trapped - when the parent is
unreachable you have no alternative. This is not a Squid problem, but a
problem between you and your ISP; if they force you to use their proxy
then they should at least ensure that it is up most of the time.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781