WCCP glitch with 2.3S1

From: Garlic <garlic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:00:24 -0800

Interesting little glitch I found while installing WCCP and Squid
V2.3S1.

The cache must point to the primary IP address on the router on the
interface that the server is attached/routed thru. A secondary address
will not work The symptoms are that the router sees the cache but the
cache state never shows useable and the connection times out after 30
seconds and resets.

I suspect that the source address of the WCCP packet is the primary
address and squid ignores it.

Roy