Maximum object size ????

From: Janis Ivanovskis <Janis.Ivanovskis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:40:02 +0200

I cannot understand what i did wrong. I put in squid.conf file that
maximum_object_size is equal 512000 KB so its 50 MB. I understand that it
meens, that if i downloaded i file that is less 50 MB then the file will be
saved in the cache, right. But if i download i file that is bigger then 50
MB then it will not be saved to cache, and when i next time to try to
donwload the file, it wont be taked from cache cause the file size is bigger
50 MB.

I tried the following, i downloaded i file that is lesser than 50 MB, it was
about 7 MB. I saw in the log that for the first time download the ftp code
is DIRECT. But when i or some one else tried to download the same file, then
it was not taked from cache, but from the direct ftp site. Why thats so.
Though i put a correct rule in the squid.conf file, where is the problem
then.
Thnx
John