Re: 'nother acl question...

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 08:33:10 -1000

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 11:08:07AM -0500, PK Whelan wrote:
> Here's the clip from the conf file:
> acl block url_regex "/etc/squid/block.txt"
> acl unblock url_regex "/etc/squid/unblock.txt"
> acl rec url_regex "/etc/squid/recreation.txt"
> acl work time MTWHF 8:1-16:59
> acl non-work time MTWHF 17:00-23:59
> http_access allow unblock
> http_access deny block
> http_access allow rec non-work (also tried "http_access deny rec work")
>
> The problem is, when I set "http_access allow rec non-work" it seems to
> allow rec no matter what time. And when I set "http_access deny rec work"
> it seems to deny rec no matter what time. Any comments?

Are you ending with an
"http_access deny all" (for the first case) or
"http_access allow all" (for the second case)?

You should specifically tell it what to do with the cases *not* matched
by ACLs. It's supposed to default to the opposite of the last rule,
but maybe that's not working here.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.