a different pinger?

From: <dean.scothern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:10:54 +0000

Hello,

I'm using squid-2.2STABLE5 across a congested WAN. Our provider has set the
routers so that icmp packets are the first to be discarded. As a result I get
regular dead_peer detection when its not.
Is it simple to replace the pinger program with one that sends a different
type of packet?. echoping seems to detect my host ok, could I write a wrapper?

Also I'm a little confused about connect-timeout in the cache_peer line, what
are the units? Is it similar to dead_peer _timeout?

Thanks

Regards

Dino