RE: Problems running squid

From: Rod Savard <rodney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:20:17 -0800

> When I try to run it with the -z option it says
> FATAL (13) Permission denied cant create /usr/local/squid/cache

Note that squid runs as user "nobody" and group "nogroup" by default (this
is customizable in squid.conf). You have a couple options: change the
ownership cache and logs dirs to nobody.nogroup or change squid's effective
user id and group and then ensure that user and group has rights to the
directories. It's probably more secure to create a account/group just for
squid.

---
Rod Savard - Delphi Developer
Savard Software - Tri-Cities, Washington, USA
rodney@savard.com - http://www.savard.com