Re: Problems running squid

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:46:48 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Tewari, Vijay wrote:

> When I try to run it with the -z option it says
>
> FATAL (13) Permission denied cant create /usr/local/squid/cache
>
> Note that I am running as root.

You might be running as root, but Squid probably is not. Read your
squid.conf to find out what effective user Squid is changing to, and then
make sure that this user has full access to your cache_dir directory.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781