Re: Forward

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:28:36 +0100

martin.stenhard@perstorp.com wrote:

> We are migrate a NS 3.5 proxy to Squid 2.2 STABLE5. The forward URL
> function in NS proxy that I am trying to have same functionality in Squid.

Never used NS proxy. Can you please describe the forward URL function it
performs?

> I have tried this in jesred and it forwards me to the new URL. But nothing
> works in the sub urls.

> regexi ^http://admin.domain.com/.* http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Default.asp?Site=SU

Not surprised. The above pattern tells jersed to rewrite ANY URL
beginning with http://admin.domain.com/ to the fixed URL
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Default.asp?Site=SU.

I don't understand what you are trying to do here. You cannot redirect a
whole site to a single URL, and expect that single URL to act as the
whole site.

If you are looking for how to forward the URL to another proxy then see
squid.conf, or more specifically cache_peer and cache_peer_access.

--
Henrik Nordstrom