Re: Win98/ IE 5.0029 broken on squid, others?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:10:08 +1030 (CST)

According to Glen Newton:

>We are running squid 2.2 stable3. We have been running squid for 1.5
>years. I know this isn't a squid problem, but please bear with me. Has
>anyone has any problems with win98/IE 5.0029 on squid r any other
>proxy?

We had a problem with NT4/IE 5 in one instance. One of my coworkers
is subscribed to a mailing list that sends out html-ised message
digests (I believe this to be evil evil evil but...). When he tried
to read this message his outlook would try to run IE which would
prompt for authentication and then "Dr. Watson" on him. Reading the
same message via the web interface to exchange would do the same
thing. In the end he fixed the problem by running IE 5.5beta.

>there will help us to defend squid against the suits.

This is always an on-going battle :-(