Re: Excel and Ftp refresh

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 08:54:42 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Gustavo Palacios wrote:

> I have a link in my pages to a ftp in my site with 0751 mod directory
> where there are excel files and this files are changing every day, the
> squid 2.2 stable1 does not refresh inmdediatily this files when i
> downlowd then, I want to refresh them at the time that i put the file in
> the directory...

Squid will only check the freshness of cache objects upon request, so you
can't have Squid automatically refresh an object just because the source
has changed - without a user request for that object Squid doesn't know to
go and check. However, if your FTP server is prepare to abide by the
guidelines for telling a cache whether an object has been modified, when
you request the object Squid should always check its freshness and get the
new copy if necessary.

We'll probably need to see log entries and more details before we can help
further here.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781